• Full time position
• Immediate start
• Inner North Brisbane location
Expert Events is a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO) based in Ascot, Brisbane. We manage scientific, technical and academic conferences all over Australia (and occasionally overseas) for a range of professional associations and clients in the not for profit, government and public sectors, as well as providing specialist services to membership based associations.
Due to ongoing business growth, we are looking for an experienced Conference Coordinator to join our busy team. You will be working alongside a Conference Manager on multiple projects at the same time, whilst delivering exceptional customer service to our clients. Interstate travel, and participation in some out of hours meetings will be required from time to time.
This is a fast paced and varied role in which you are integral in providing support across all aspects of conference coordination including (but not limited to) dealing with registrations and enquiries, managing databases and email communication, developing a range of marketing materials including brochures, flyers and prospectuses in both print and digital versions, updating WordPress websites, liaising with presenters, sponsors, exhibitors and delegates, coordinating accommodation bookings and travel, assisting with arrangements for social functions, and a range of other general administrative tasks. You will also be required to have direct contact with clients.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• previous experience working for a PCO, a professional association/not for profit organisation, or a conference venue
• knowledge of EventsAIR software and WordPress (highly desirable); proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• tertiary qualification in event management, marketing, public relations, communications or similar an advantage
• ability to think strategically, multi task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be highly organised
• be extremely articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• strong attention to detail and accuracy
• strong client focus with exceptional client service skills
• have a solid work ethic and sense of responsibility
• ability to work as part of a team
• looking for long-term employment in a dynamic industry
• be enthusiastic, have initiative and hit the ground running.
Remuneration will be based on experience – please indicate your expectations when sending your CV.
Please email your CV along with a brief cover letter addressed to Lidia Dalton, Managing Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on Friday 7 June, however as we may commence interviewing sooner, it is recommended that you apply as soon as possible.