Advertise your position vacant directly to those in the Meetings & Events Industry.
To advertise on this page your vacant position must be within the Meetings and Events Industry.
- Members and business partners – Complimentary
- Non members – $150.00 (incl. GST) per advert per month
- Maximum of 250 words and one (1 ) company logo
- To book your advert, please contact Cindy on email email@example.com.
WALDRONSMITH Management is one of Australia’s leading Conference and Event Management organisations, delivering successful conferences and events for a range of professional associations, not for profit and corporate clients.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and General Manager your focus in this role will be to maintain and bring valuable new initiatives to our existing conference and event business. You will manage a diverse portfolio of clients planning and delivering national and international conferences throughout Australia.
You will have a minimum of 3 – 5 years experience within the conference industry and have demonstrated the successful management of complex events for 500 plus delegates with significant sponsorship and exhibition involvement. You will also have extensive experience and skills in client liaison, committee management and team leadership to ensure we can collectively bring people together and a conference to life.
The challenging role will require the following expertise:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding client relationship skills
- Project management skills
- Strong team management / leadership skills and experience
- Ability to work alongside our current team – a team player
- Strong ability to multi-task, attention to detail and work under pressure
- Venue and program management
- Create and deliver a detailed marketing program
- Graphic design, web and print management
- Strict client budget and financial management expertise
- Management of staff and associated critical timelines
- Proficiency with MS Office software suite and Events Air
- Ability to operate in an unsupervised environment
- Availability to travel Nationally and Internationally when required
- Building and maintaining relationships with association and corporate clients
- Actively assist and support the Managing Director and General Manager with client/delegate liaisons
- Overall management of 4 – 5 annual conferences at any given time as allocated by the Managing Director
- The Conference Organiser is responsible for establishing and managing the program, social events, conference milestones, sponsorship and exhibition, registration needs, budget and financial management, design and production of marketing material, administration, onsite management etc
- Effectively manage and lead the designated team from WSM in a positive and supportive manner
- Performing responsibilities and duties in a professional and ethical manner according to company policies and procedures
- Attend to other duties and tasks as directed
You will report directly to the Managing Director and General Manager who will also offer you support and guidance on a regular basis. For each conference you are managing you will have a designated and experienced team supporting you from Delegate Services, Sponsorship & Exhibition, Program Management and Conference Administration that will ensure an outstanding outcome for all key stakeholders.
Benefits and culture:
Some of the benefits we provide include financial assistance for professional staff development for each year of employment as well as an annual staff professional development day. We also offer an extra day off for our staff on their Birthday.
Selection criteria and remuneration:
Within your CV you will be able to highlight to us your extensive experience within the conference industry, demonstrating the successful management of complex conferences. Alongside the extensive experience and skills in client liaison, committee management and team leadership.
To be negotiated in line with your experience – Please indicate your salary expectations when applying.
To apply, please send your covering letter and resume to Gerard Halpin, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Coordinator (full-time)
About the Role
Are you a motivated individual with a passion for corporate events? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment and relish the opportunity to work on a variety of events? If your answer is yes, your next career move could be with Touchpoint!
We are searching for a new Project Coordinator to become an integral part of our thriving operations team. This role offers an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself in a multitude of event projects, gain invaluable on-site event experience, and learn the ins and outs from a team of passionate and driven event professionals. Touchpoint delivers up to 100 events per year and this role will have you play a vital part in helping deliver exceptional services and technical know-how to the highest standard for many of these projects.
This is a great opportunity to join a small, yet mighty, team and expand your knowledge of the events industry in a fast paced, yet supportive, environment.
Your tasks will include:
- Supporting Project Managers with all pre-event project operations; preparing documentation, attending meetings, EventsAIR database configuration, equipment preparation and tending to delegate enquiries
- Attending onsite events and assisting with logistics, bump in/bump out and delivery
- Assisting with post event reporting, basic video editing for virtual events and equipment logistics
- Assisting with virtual event delivery and live support queries
- General office administration support
- You are a team player with a can-do attitude
- You have keen attention for detail and are eager to learn new skills
- You are confident and professional when dealing with clients and event suppliers
- You have excellent customer services skills and good time management skills with the ability to prioritise
- You have either had tertiary training or some relevant proven work experience within the events industry (minimum 1 year)
Experience with EventsAir is highly desirable, but not essential for this role. Training and support will be provided for the right candidate with a willingness to learn.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please email your resume through to Brooke Farrell, Senior Project Manager, at email@example.com for consideration.
JOIN EVENTSAIR’S SUCCESSFUL EVENTS TEAM
At EventsAIR we’re constantly growing & improving.
We strive to seek new ways to improve and evolve everything we do.
We have a passion for creativity and out-of-the-box thinking and the courage to change course when needed.
So if this is you, contact one our offices here to discuss your next career move.
Visit the EventsAIR Careers webpage for current opportunities.