Macquarie Park – Close to public transport
Leading Not for Profit
The NSCA Foundation is a national, not-for-profit, member-based organisation that educates and informs organisations and individuals requiring workplace health and safety information. For over 90 years, we have been working with Australian businesses across all industries, providing sustainable solutions and protecting business’ most important asset – people. Today the NSCA Foundation has a substantial membership and a vision that Australian workplaces are the safest in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Events Manager to assist and support the team in delivering a growing number of member events, including breakfast forums, webinar series, the Annual Safety Awards of Excellence and National Safety Conference. Reporting to the CEO, and working with a small close-knit team, this role involves the organisation and co-ordination of these key events including; identifying and procuring speakers, finding suitable locations, caterers, sound and technical suppliers and assuring the minute details that can make or break an event.
The NSCA Foundation has a proud reputation within the Australian safety fraternity for creating leading events that combine speaker quality and networking availability.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Creation of a schedule of an annual calendar of events;
• Managing each event from concept to completion;
• Event operations and logistics;
• Working within a defined budget, as agreed with the CEO;
• Procuring resources to assist where applicable;
• Liaising with NSCA Foundation’s strategic partners to research information needs and topical themes;
• Registration and database management;
• Working closely with the Membership Manager and Marketing Coordinator to communicate relevant content to the right audience;
• Updating the events web page.
This is a very hands-on role and you will be expected to be at each event. This means some travel will be required.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Highly organised
• Technology savvy including database experience
• Excellent communication skills including written and spoken English
• Customer service focus
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience of using Content Management Systems (desirable)
• Experience of using design software e.g. InDesign, Photoshop (desirable)
We are looking to welcome a colleague who can manage small networking events and large industry leading events of 300+ delegates. This is a varied and interesting role which will allow you to develop your career in our supportive team culture. Strong interpersonal and organisational skills are required to be successful in this role as well as the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business. You will be enthusiastic with a drive to take ownership of your role and exceed expectations.
Whilst this is a full-time role, the NSCA Foundation is a flexible workplace and regular hours or patterns of work can be adapted depending on staff requirements. An immediate start is available for the successful applicant.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter (maximum two pages) detailing your event management experience. Address your application to Jamie Burrage via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note recruitment agency applications will not be considered. Only successful applications will be contacted. Candidates must have rights to work in Australia.