Hyatt Hotels is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 12 premier brands and 652 properties in 53 countries. Our purpose, goal and values are brought to life by our colleagues, whom we refer to as the Hyatt family. The Company’s purpose to care for people so they can be their best attracts the best colleagues in the industry.
Expect nothing less than spectacular at Grand Hyatt Melbourne – Melbourne’s most iconic five-star hotel. We are the leaders in providing memorable experiences and pride ourselves on being designers of the extraordinary. We operate in a manner that reflects our passion for living GRAND and as seekers of MORE. We are vivacious, enthusiastic and creative with a goal to spark interest and curiosity across cultures, ways of life and points of view. We are committed to excellence and define our personality as BOLD, WORLDLY and EXTRAORDINARY.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Director of Event Sales, you will seek, identify and pursue new business development opportunities for our event sales team. This will include developing and executing sales strategy plans to help exceed revenue targets as well as strategically consult with the MICE industry to ensure we go above our client expectations. You will be a self-starter who is results driven in converting sales for our events team. You will be passionate and focused on maximising profitability and occupancy of event spaces to ensure financial targets are achieved.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Pursuing new business opportunities by maintaining a robust and qualified business events pipeline and have comprehensive knowledge of the MICE industry.
• Developing and executing new business strategies to widen Grand Hyatt Melbourne’s appeal to business events segments and potential target markets.
• Increase yield through increasing delegate and accompanying visitor numbers, length of stay and expenditure.
• Promoting products and services with documented bids, personal presentations, site inspections, familiarisations and other proactive promotional activities in consultation with the Director of Sales.
• Manage a minimum of 15 business development sales calls per week with a focus on conversion of business events and group room blocks within your allocated market segments.
• Manage an agreed portfolio of standard industry codes through proactive and reactive sales activities as well as receive and convert direct leads, rebook and retain account sales.
To ensure your success in this role you will bring:
• Superior communication skills including experience in writing and presenting proposals.
• The ability to exceed set objectives, goals and key performance indicators.
• A strong client focus with the ability to deliver outcomes that exceed business and client expectations.
• The ability to stay focused on the target customer in the markets offering the best opportunities for business events.
• Drive revenue and profit increase to achieve the company’s ambitious year-on-year growth.
• Plan and coordinate the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets.
• Initiative, drive, new ideas and passion for the MICE sector.
• A degree in business management or a related discipline with at least three years extensive sales experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
• Demonstrated ability to identify new sales prospects by utilising market research.
• Ability to demonstrate implementation of transformational business development strategies for leading tourism and hospitality venues.
• Ability to develop industry networks and engage with key suppliers and business stakeholders/ leaders to procure business.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and excellent negotiation skills, including an ability to communicate with diverse groups, both within an organisation, the broader community and external stakeholders.
• The ability to demonstrate a proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
• Proven ability to create innovative marketing ideas and develop deployment of strategies to continue to grow market share.
• Ideally you will have worked in a similar role in a large luxury hotel environment and have the ability to manage a diverse group of stakeholders as well as have strong financial and commercial acumen.
HOW TO APPLY?
Click here now as life is too short not to aim for amazing.