How is Certification Assessed?
Criteria for the Recognition of Prior Knowledge (RPK) entry point
- the applicant must have held a position as an event manager or conference manager for a minimum period of 5 years immediately prior to their application. A letter is required from your current employer confirming your position, length of employment in position and employers endorsement of your application and that you meet all the required criteria . Directors/owners of PCO companies must provide company profile and current biography
- written testimonials are required from 5 clients providing evidence of the successful completion of events covering the 5 years immediately prior to application
- written testimonials are required from 5 venues/suppliers covering the 5 years immediately prior to application
- testimonials for in-house PCOs may be provided by either their director or department head and one testimonial may cover multiple years
- testimonials for PCO Educators may be provided by their department head and may be by way of a declaration of 5 years experience as a Tertiary Lecturer or similar position.
A guideline for referees is available on the PCOA website. Please ensure referees include contact details.
Tertiary qualifications are not essential for this entry point.
Referees have the option of forwarding written testimonials directly to the PCOA.
Applicants must be current members of the PCOA.
Certified Event Manager – RPK Entry AUD$295.00 (inc GST).
The application fee of AUD$295 (inc GST) must be forwarded with the application.
Criteria for the Standard Entry point
- intelligence/academic ability (8-12 points base weighting)
- industry qualifications (15-30 points base weighting)
- event experience (24 points base weighting).
CEM Certification (RPK and Standard Entry)
The PCOA Certification Assessor will review the applications and communicate with the necessary referees for verification of the information provided by the applicant.
If successful, the applicant’s details will be added to the CEM section of the website.
If unsuccessful, the applicant will be informed as to why their application was unsuccessful and will have an opportunity to provide additional information (within a 30 day time limit), so their application assessment can be continued.
If declined, an unsuccessful applicant will have the right to appeal to the Dispute Resolution Team (DRT).
Payment online by Mastercard or Visa – please note a 2% processing fee will apply.
EFT to the account of:
Bank: National Australia Bank
Account name: PCO Association
Please send remittance advice to firstname.lastname@example.org clearing stating the applicants name.