- This event has passed.
PCOA Webinar Series – Non-Resident GST Reclaim for Conference & Events in New Zealand
March 14 @ 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Date: Thursday 14th March 2019
Time: 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm – Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)
This seminar will discuss how the IRD’s GST Reclaim Service for Non-Resident Businesses (Also known as section 54b of the GST Act) can benefit offshore businesses by providing a way to claim back GST on business expenditure incurred in New Zealand.
We will discuss the correct method of applying for a Section 54B GST Reclaim.
This webinar will cover the following:
• Learn what scenario’s the legislation is intended to cover
• Learn about which scenarios could actually lead to GST to pay in New Zealand and therefore are not eligible
• Discuss TMF’s experience with successfully handling these applications and what we have learned are the requirements for a successful application.
• Planning your events to so that they meet the requirements of the legislation
• How the logistics of the claim process works including obtaining refunds
Presenter – Asheel Bharos
Asheel has over 12 years’ experience in assisting global organisations in New Zealand and the UK with their accounting and tax needs ranging from start-up companies to FTSE 250 Listed entities. TMF New Zealand specialises in assisting multi-national organisations to do business in New Zealand providing a wide range of professional services to support their local operations both in New Zealand and in over 80 countries around the world.